- GPPE Home
- Program Overview
- Geological Engineering Program
- Student Opportunities
Environmental Protection and Hazardous Waste Management Emphasis Area
As a geological engineering student with an emphasis in environmental protection and hazardous waste management, you will learn how to protect and preserve the planet, with a particular focus on hazardous waste cleanup, groundwater remediation and geological hazards.
You will have a number of opportunities for fieldwork, from wetlands protection to the cleanup of lead contaminated soil.
Notable courses in this emphasis area include:
- Environmental Geological Engineering
- Geological Aspects of Hazardous Waste Management
- Subsurface Hydrology and Transport Mechanics
- Soil Science in Engineering Practice
- Statistical Methods in Environmental Geology and Engineering
- Environmental Aspects of Mining
- Risk Assessment in Environmental Studies
- Groundwater Remediation