- GPPE Home
- Program Overview
- Geological Engineering Program
- Student Opportunities
Groundwater Hydrology and Contaminant Transport Emphasis Area
As a geological engineering student with an emphasis in groundwater hydrology and contaminant transport, you will learn about subsurface contamination issues and groundwater supply problems, with a particular focus on the drilling and monitoring of groundwater wells and performing pumping tests to determine aquifer characteristics.
You will have a number of opportunities to travel and conduct fieldwork, such as developing safe drinking water supplies in impoverished and rural areas around the world.
Notable courses in this emphasis area include:
- Subsurface Hydrology and Transport Mechanics
- Risk Assessment in Environmental Studies
- Groundwater Remediation
- Soil Science in Engineering Practice
- Statistical Methods in Environmental Geology and Engineering
- Well Test Analysis
- Elementary Soil Mechanics
- Well Logging